Andrew Bainbridge – crew
Dr. Bainbridge is a school friend of Mr. Hildred and the two started their exploring at the age of 11 with camping trips in the Yorkshire Dales. Since then Dr Bainbridge has continued his adventurous life and now lives and works in Alberta, Canada, with his wife.
He maintains a 10-acre property where he also keeps Llamas. He keeps fit by running, hiking and both Alpine and Cross-country skiing. He and his wife travel extensively and have recently spent time in Australia, New Zealand, Nepal and South America. He is a practical hands on person who has built his own car and ‘Mirror’ sailing dingy which he still uses regularly.
- Position on An-Tiki –Ship’s doctor/Assistant Sailing Master.
- 56 years old.
- British/Canadian citizen
- Qualified MD – M.B.Ch.B. Liverpool 1976.
- Doctor in U.K. for 6 years
- Licensure of the Medical Council of Canada 1983.
- GP in a town of 8000 people in Alberta for last 28 years.
- Emergency services experience
- Wilderness medical courses 1991, 1992, and 2010.
- Captain and owner of 36-foot yacht that was based in Florida from 1993 to 1997
- Lived on board the yacht for four five-month periods and sailed the Florida coast and Bahamas.
- Maintained yacht himself.